Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Social Justice Gospel is no Gospel at all!



The statement written on social justice was produced to place a line in the sand on clarification of what is and what is not the Gospel.  I signed it and the more I read it, and glance at the culture and climate we're living in, the more I recognize the importance of having the statement.  But unfortunately, many Christian leaders that I admire and do respect have not signed it.  But to date, I haven't really heard of a very consistent reason given for not signing it.  Strangely enough, many who said that they understood the statement and agreed with it, decided not to sign it.  My bottom line heartfelt suspicion is that by nature, the culture's infiltration of the church and intimidation of the world, has already done its damage.  And that's why we need the statement in the first place.  

Because the church of Christ has always and historically been about reaching the lost and healing souls -- no different today.  But we're in an post-Christian age where churches are closing, denominations are falling  like dominoes to the influence of cultural sin, and liberalism has infiltrated and done its damage progressively for decades.  So, it's no wonder why Christ's prophesy of apostasy is taking place in the western world.  How any sound Bible believing Christian can miss the signs of the times, is astounding.  But then again, the deceptions will come even to sweep away the elect, "if it were possible".  

Lets continue to pray for greater vision from The Holy Spirit of God and pray for discernment in these last days.   


"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." 
- Galatians Chapt. 1