Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Prove to be disciples"...

Book of John Chapt. 15
 
"I am the  true vine, and my Father is   the vinedresser.    Every branch in me that does not bear fruit  he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes,  that it may bear more fruit.    Already  you are clean  because of the word that I have spoken to you.    Abide  in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.    I am the vine;  you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that  bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.    If anyone does not abide in me  he is thrown away like a branch and withers;  and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.    If  you abide in me, and my words abide in you,  ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.    By this my Father is glorified, that you  bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
 
...............
 
Who ever has ears, let them hear what the Word of the Lord is saying.
Let us examine ourselves to make sure we're truly in the faith.

The proof that we're disciples of Christ is that we are GROWING in the faith and that growth is proven by the producing of spiritual "fruit" within our lives.   Are we baring spiritual fruit?  Are we growing in love, patience, long-suffering, love of The Lord, hungering and thirsting more and more for that which is holy and righteous, forgiveness, etc.   Are we embracing and hungering more and more for God's Word, His guidance, knowledge and wisdom through His Word?...    Let us "examine ourselves".

Also, the hunger for Truth should likewise extend to those around us who are NOT in the faith. We should be growing hungrier and hungrier to proclaim God's Truth.  Therefore, in the fruit of obedience to God's command (2 Tim. 4:2), (Acts 8:4), Mark 16:15), we should be hungry for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all creation.

**Despite what many Christians believe, the sharing of the gospel isn't always effectively manifested through an examination of a person's life but instead through the old fashioned practice of verbal communication.  In other words, ..... we have to open our mouths and whiteness to people!


Pray about it, strengthen yourself in God's Word, and  go proclaim the Gospel!
God bless.